Are you the type that always gets picked on about having a large heavy purse yet whenever someone needs something, your always prepared? I'm that person. Here is just some of the items I currently have in my own purse: Lotion, tweezers, hair tie, dental floss, wallet, magazine, checkbook, cell phone, nail file, makeup, pen, lip gloss, deodorant, keys, gum, body spray, and a snack.
How do you stack up? Here's a list of 10 items every women should have in their purse, aside from the oblivious phone, wallet and keys.
1. Compact Mirror - You can't always trust your friends to tell you that you have spinach in your teeth. Even if you don't do your makeup all the time, a mirror is great thing to have around. Its always important to make sure you look presentable.
2. Brush or Comb and Hair Ties - So you just got out of work and your heading to the gym. But you have nothing to hold back your hair! This is where having these items comes in handy. Or if its a windy day and you end up looking like you got a bad Brazilian blowout. Its always good to have a brush around to tame those flyaways.
3. Gum or Mints - You never know when you might end up talking to someone in a close space. Always good to have backup.
4. Pen and Paper - You never know when you might need to write down a number or directions. Or if someone gives you a form to fill out and doesn't supply a pen. Happens way too often.
5. Aspirin/Ibuprofen - You never know when that migraine will sneak up on you or menstrual cramps will try to keep you down. Fight back by being prepared. You'll be the hero to other with the same issues as well.
6. Deodorant/Body Spray - Freshen up in a hurry whenever you need to. Get invited out after work? Just finish at the gym? Or are you like me and get in such a hurry in the morning you simply leave the house without remembering to apply?
7. Nail Clippers, Files, and Tweezers - You never know when you might break a nail or get a splinter. Its always good to carry these little items with you at all times. A hang nail can ruin your whole day.
8. Tissues and Antibactrial Gel - These go hand in hand. Before shopping, use the items to wipe down your cart. If you do happen to catch a cold, make sure to use the gel after wiping your nose to not contaminate others.
9. Lotion - Dry hands are no fun to hold. Make sure you stay soft all over by keeping some hand or body lotion in stock.
10. Lip Balm or Gloss - What is a women without her lip gloss? Keep your smile shining by always having this at hand. I currently have about 5 different types in purse. It's not an addiction, its a necessity.